A decadent dessert with creamy avocado mousse, a crunchy, nutty crumble and sweetness of berries.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Refrigeration time: Overnight
6 ripe avocados
1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1⅓ cups honey
1. Remove skin and seed from avocados, and place the green flesh into a food processor, removing all brown spots as you go.
2. Add lemon juice and honey, and blend until smooth and creamy.
Chocolate Cashew Cream
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1 cup raw cashews
2 tablespoons honey
1⅓ cups water
1. Place cacao powder, cashew nuts, honey and water into blender, and blend until a smooth and creamy consistency.
Crumble and Assembly
1 cup raisins/sultanas
1 cup pecans
1 teaspoon tahini
¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
6–8 strawberries, sliced or 2–3 kiwi fruit, sliced
1. To make crumble, combine raisins/sultanas, pecans, tahini and coconut in food processor, and mix until well combined.
2. To assemble, place a layer of blueberries across the bottom of a parfait dish, and cover lightly with a thin layer of crumble mix.
3. Place sliced strawberries around the outside of the parfait dish to decorate. Pour about one-third of cashew cream mixture over crumble. Be sure to fill any gaps.
4. Top with one-third of the avocado mousse, then repeat layers of berries, crumble, cashew cream
and avocado mousse. Cover lightly with crumble mixture and top with blueberries to finish.
5. Place in refrigerator to set, preferably overnight.
This recipe appears in the Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP) Eat More recipe book.