Blend up a super light and refreshing summer beverage.
4 large cucumbers, coarsely chopped
2 large handfuls of mint leaves
6 limes (juiced for 1 cup lime juice)
1 cup sugar
4 cups water
1. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
2. Put all of the ingredients into the blender.
3. Add enough water to fill three-quarters of the blender.
4. Purée until smooth.
5. Strain the purée through the fine-mesh sieve into the bowl. Press the cucumber against the sieve with the back of the spoon to extract as much of the liquid as possible.
6. Pour the juice into a jug and place it in the fridge until ready to serve.
Recipe provided by the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation, adapted from a recipe from Mansfield Primary School.