A fragrant curry, full of bold flavours.
Prep time: 5
Total time: 75
1 jar AYAM Malaysian Rendang Curry Paste 185 g
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
270 ml can AYAM Coconut Milk
700 g rump steak, diced into 2 cm pieces
Toasted shredded coconuts, to garnish
Steamed rice to serve
1. Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
2. Add curry paste and stir until warm and fragrant.
3. Add beef and stir until browned and coated in paste.
4. Pour in coconut milk and stir until combined.
5. Reduce heat and gently simmer for 1 hr, stirring occasionally until meat is tender and sauce is thick. (Add ½ cup water if sauce becomes too dry)
6. Garnish with toasted coconut. Serve with steamed rice.
Tip: If using chuck steak or gravy beef, increase cooking time by 30 minutes and add another ½ cup water to avoid the sauce becoming too dry and sticking to the wok.
Recipe provided by AYAM.