Chef Adrian Richardson’s foolproof pizza dough recipe is ideal for simple summer meals.
This soft, tender pastry can be made with yoghurt or sour cream. Either way, it cooks to a lovely light crust, and makes a great base for pizzas or calzones.
Any extra dough can be rolled together and refrigerated or frozen for future use.
2 cups self raising plain flour
1 cup natural yoghurt
1 pinch salt
(Using the plastic dough blade in your Magimix.)
- Place the flour, yoghurt and salt into your Magimix food processor, blend for 10 to 20 seconds until dough forms. Stop as soon as a ball forms.
- Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured bench
- Knead gently to form a smooth, very soft pastry, it may seem a little wet but a light dusting of flour will fix this
- Divide the pastry into two portions, wrap them both in plastic wrap and wrap and rest for 30 minutes. Perfect time to take the kids outside for a kick of the football
- When ready to use, roll the pastry out on a lightly floured work surface & oil a tray
- Add your favorite toppings and cook in oven at 220C for 10 to 15 minutes
The pastry will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months