This salad is the perfect combination of hot and spicy and cool and crunchy for summer days
Note: If you are cooking for younger or more delicate tummies you can reduce the red curry paste or just use a sprinkling of curry powder instead. If you want to make this ahead of time, simply leave the salad and dressing separate until serving. The dressing recipe makes a large quantity. If you do not use the whole amount it will last up to four days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Serves: 2 generously
2 medium carrots
1 medium zucchini
1/2 medium red capsicum
2 stalks green (spring) onion
1/2 bunch fresh coriander
2/3 cup light coconut milk
Juice of 1 lime
1 large garlic clove, crushed
1 1/2 tablespoons red curry paste
2 tablespoons chopped macadamia nuts
1. Julienne (or very thinly slice) carrots and zucchini and place in a large bowl.
2. Thinly slice red capsicum and green onions and add to bowl.
3. Roughly chop coriander and add to vegetables. With clean hands (or salad servers) toss everything until well mixed.
4. To make dressing: whisk together light coconut milk, lime juice, crushed garlic, and red curry paste.
5. Pour desired amount of dressing (see note) over salad and sprinkle with macadamia nuts. Serve immediately.
Discover more of Amy’s delicious recipes at thoroughlynourishedlife.com