Made in New Zealand from Australian peanuts, Pic’s Really Good Peanut Butter is... well, really good
There’s peanut butter, and then there’s peanut butter. You know, the kind with the most perfect textural mix of smooth and crunchy, that sticks inside your mouth in the very best way, so you fear you might keep eating the whole jar. That’s what Pic’s Really Good Peanut Butter is like.
Pic’s blend is a lovingly made, fresh-roasted spread that’s free from added sugars. The secret ingredient? Quality Australian-grown peanuts. That’s it (plus salt, though not a lot – about half the salt you’d usually find in peanut butter). Made in New Zealand by a small family business run by Pic himself, this peanut butter is scrumptious on toast, in stir fry sauces and curries, or even just a sneaky taste from the jar.
Here are our top ideas for ways to use this yummy spread:
1. Peanut butter hummus. Replace your tahini with 2 or 3 tablespoons of peanut butter and blend up some hummus with a unique, peanutty twist. A can of chickpeas and some garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of paprika should do you nicely.
2. Peanut butter curry. Add a few tablespoons of peanut butter to your curry paste and coconut milk, add a little soy sauce and water, and you’ve got a fragrant, creamy base for your curry. Fill it up with coriander, garlic and spring onions for some extra flavour, plus whatever veggies and protein you prefer.
3. Peanut satay sauce. Versatile and yummy, a creamy peanut sauce makes any stir fry, satay or salad feel like an indulgence. 4 tablespoons peanut butter, a cup of warm water, some ginger, garlic and soy sauce make your base – then go nuts with your own special touch.
4. Peanut butter granola. Mix up two tablespoons of peanut butter and a tablespoon or two of honey and microwave until it melts. Add a little cinnamon and vanilla, then combine with a cup of oats, spread out on a baking tray and toast in the oven, and you’ve got a deliciously crunchy treat for breakfast, a snack or dessert. Perfect sprinkled over Greek yoghurt!
5. Peanut butter protein balls. Blend up some dates, flax or chia seeds, protein powder and peanut butter and roll the mixture up into balls. Coat with coconut and refrigerate until firm and delicious.