A fresh and simple salad, full of fragrant herbs.
1 cup raw quinoa
1 ½ cups water
4 tomatoes, diced
1 small red onion, peeled and finely diced
1 long red chilli, halved, de-seeded, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
2 large handfuls of coriander, washed and chopped
1 handful of parsley, washed and chopped
60 ml extra-virgin olive oil
1 lemon, juiced for 3 tablespoons juice
1. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
2. Cook the quinoa using the absorption method: bring 1 cup of quinoa and 1 ½ cups water to boil in the medium saucepan. Simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed, about 10 minutes.
3. Pour the cooked quinoa onto a baking tray and allow it to cool slightly.
4. Combine the tomatoes, red onion, chilli, garlic, coriander, parsley, olive oil and lemon juice in a large bowl and stir to combine.
5. Stir the quinoa through the tomato and herb mixture.
6. Transfer to serving platters and enjoy!
Recipe provided by the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation.