Plump apricots, toasted coconut... this gluten free breakfast takes you away to a summery island
1 1/2 cups quinoa flakes
1/3 cup roughly chopped cashews
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon coconut extract
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
1. Preheat your oven to 180C (350F) and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl stir together quinoa flakes, cashews, sesame seeds, salt, and cardamom until well mixed.
3. In a small jug whisk together olive oil, golden syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut extract.
4. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix carefully with a wooden spoon until the dry ingredients are thoroughly coated.
5. Spread granola over the lined baking sheet and press down slightly with the back of the spoon to encourage some clumping.
6. Bake in pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes. Check and stir every 10 minutes to ensure the granola does not burn.
7. In the last ten minutes of cookies (about 20 minutes into the cooking time) stir in shredded coconut.
8. Once cooked, remove from oven, stir in dried apricots and allow to cool completely before serving or storing.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.